OTA Program Prerequisites and Requirements
To be eligible for St. Catherine’s Online Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) program, you must meet the following requirements:
- A high school diploma OR successful completion of the General Education Development (GED) exam
- A cumulative high school GPA of 2.5 or higher
- If applicable, a post-secondary cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher—cumulative GPA includes all post-secondary coursework at both graduate and undergraduate levels
- Completion of all OTA prerequisite courses with a grade of “C” or higher and a 2.5 GPA
If you are unsure of whether you meet GPA or other requirements, speak to your admissions advisor.
OTA prerequisites are a critical component of your education in St. Catherine’s online OTA program. The prerequisite courses allow you to prepare for the OTA program by providing you with foundational knowledge that helps you succeed as an OTA student.
Additionally, the prerequisite courses ensure you and your fellow students are on the same educational footing when you start your classes, regardless of your background or prior academic experience.
The Necessary Prerequisites
The following OTA prerequisites must be completed and available to take online through OTA Online.
- PSYC 1000: General Psychology
- PSYC 2020: Lifespan Developmental Psychology*
- HIMP 1020: Medical Terminology*
- BIOL 2400: General Anatomy & Physiology*
*Must be completed within the last five years
Success as an occupational therapy assistant student requires various skills and abilities. These functions and standards, as well as St. Catherine University’s commitment to providing reasonable accommodations, are detailed on St. Catherine University’s main website.
Have questions? Speak to your admissions advisor today.