Occupational Therapy Assistant Online Program Coursework
Our Online Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) program takes a blended learning approach, with 80% online and 20% on-site curriculum. The online courses carry the same expectations as a traditional, classroom-based OTA program—with the main difference being the delivery of the OTA and Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS) coursework.
Delivered through a dynamic e-Learning platform, our online courses let you complete the required mix of OTA and LAS classes when and where it is most convenient for you and engage with the coursework materials at your own pace—just as long as you meet the deadlines set forth by your instructors.
Our Canvas online learning platform is ready to teach you something new, whether it’s 8 a.m. or 8 p.m. We developed the platform following a “standard blueprint” to provide a seamless education experience. As you move through the program’s different online classes, the way in which you access, view, and complete the learning modules within the Canvas platform remains the same.
Through the platform, you’re able to:
- Read materials and watch/listen to lectures
- Complete assignments and quizzes
- Participate in a student discussion forum
- Interact with instructors during chat sessions
Find out what technology and computer specifications are required for completing the online coursework.
Our online platform accommodates different learning styles so that it becomes easier to understand and retain the coursework material. Whether you’re an aural or tactile learner, Canvas brings together various multimedia features to support the subject matter and helps ensure your success.
Features within Canvas include:
- Images and graphics that complement text
- Video/audio lectures that can be replayed
- Simulated activities that engage students
- Forums that promote student interaction
As a university that has paved the way in OTA education, our faculty and instructors take great pride in educating the next generation of occupational therapy assistants. These OT experts are dedicated to student success, taking a highly personalized approach when sharing the latest knowledge and skills used in the profession.
- Online courses have a small student-to-faculty ratio of 24 to 1
- Faculty holds regular office hours to discuss online coursework
- Students can schedule private appointments with faculty for additional support
Contact us to learn more about our Online OTA and LAS coursework.