During the admissions process, a counselor will assist you in developing an enrollment plan that works toward your preferred start date as the Online OTA program offers three starts per year. Your counselor will also help you understand our two curriculum options, which affect how long it takes to complete the program.
While we offer OTA program starts in January, May, and September, our university accepts and responds to applications on a rotating basis, which means:
- You benefit from a longer than usual application period
- You don’t have to wait long for an acceptance decision
- You may have less competition if you apply early (spots can fill up quickly)
Just remember, the longer you delay your application, the more difficult it becomes to get into the program for your preferred start date.
|Summer||May 6, 2019|
|Fall||September 3, 2019|
Designed to help you earn your associate’s degree in as few as 16 months, the OTA curriculum includes both liberal arts and sciences (LAS) coursework and OTA-specific coursework. But, not everyone wants to take on both LAS and OTA curriculum at once. That’s why we offer customizable educational options that include:
This option allows you to complete the entire program in as few as 16 months of study by taking your LAS and OTA courses simultaneously. You can choose option one if you’ve already successfully completed the prerequisite courses.
You can elect to complete some or all of your LAS courses before beginning the OTA coursework. This longer option is good for students who:
- Need to complete prerequisites
- Do not currently meet the minimum GPA required to start OTA courses
- Want to ease into online learning
- Need additional schedule flexiblity
- Prefer to complete the LAS courses prior to the OTA courses
With this option, the program will take longer than 16 months, but you will have a lighter course load each semester.
We have a dedicated team of admissions counselors who work exclusively with Online OTA program applicants. Committed to your success, these champions of higher learning go above and beyond to help you understand the full scope of the program and the time commitment involved.
Once you decide to pursue your associate degree as an occupational therapy assistant through St. Catherine University, we assign you a counselor who will help you:
- Identify the curriculum option that best applies to you
- Stay on task throughout the admissions and application processes
- Create an academic plan that works toward your preferred start date
Contact us to learn more about the admissions process for our Online OTA program.