St. Catherine's Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program
Earn your associate degree in occupational therapy from St. Catherine University. Our blended learning model allows you to become a certified OTA in as few as 16 months.
St. Kate’s Online Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program
Every day, OTAs are transforming lives young and old by helping them to live better, more fulfilling lives. Unfortunately, though, there are not enough occupational therapy assistants nationwide. The Online OTA program at St. Catherine University is changing that by making it possible to earn an associate degree in occupational therapy in as few as 16 months.
Blending an online and on-site curriculum, our accredited program has and continues to set the standard for OTA education. Not only did St. Kate’s launch the nation’s first OTA program in 1964, we redefined the way it’s taught with the introduction of our 80% online OTA program.
Through our innovative Online OTA program, you’ll:
- Complete online coursework when and where it’s convenient for you
- Participate in hands-on labs and professional fieldwork
- Develop the skills needed to work under the supervision of an occupational therapist
- Graduate ready to sit for the NBCOT® exam to become a certified OTA
Online and On-Site Curriculum
Our OTA program blends the convenience and flexibility of online learning with the hands-on experience you need.
- Mixed-media coursework accommodates diverse learning styles
- Complete and submit assignments and quizzes online
- Participate in student discussion forums and instructor chats
- Gain real-life practice
- Experience working with a variety of patient populations
- Learn about diverse practice settings
- Attend labs at one of our sites in California, Minnesota, Texas or Virginia
- Master important OT skills under expert guidance
- Receive personalized instruction with our 12-to-1 faculty ratio