Did you know there’s still time to apply to the fall 2015 cohort of St. Catherine University’s online occupational therapy assistant program? This program is a first-of-its-kind, 16-month associate’s degree program, and it is a great way to jumpstart your healthcare career. Our application deadline for the fall start is Tuesday, September 8. Follow these steps to submit a completed application:
- Speak with your academic advisor. If you’ve been in touch with an academic advisor, reach out now to evaluate your readiness to apply for the program. If you haven’t already talked to someone, set up a time by calling 877.223.2677 or filling out this form. Your advisor will let you know if you’re qualified, outline any prerequisites you need, and set a target term for you to begin the program.
- Complete the online application. Apply online by visiting following this link. Simply follow the steps to apply listed on the site, and don’t hesitate to reach out to your academic advisor if you have any questions during the online application process.
- Have official transcripts sent to St. Catherine University. Order transcripts from your high school and any colleges you’ve attended and have them sent directly to the Office of Admissions—Online OTA, St. Catherine University, 601 25th Ave. South, Minneapolis, MN 55454. Be sure to let the institutions know of the September 8 deadline and follow up with St. Catherine University to make sure that all of your transcripts have arrived.
- Pay your application fee. Submit the $25 application fee by using the Student Accounts portal.
- Apply for financial aid. Students applying for St. Catherine University’s OTA program are eligible for a range of student aid programs. Students may be eligible for the Federal Pell Grant and Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans. Parents of dependent students may also have access to the Federal Parent PLUS Loan Program. To apply for financial aid, students must:
- File a Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application or a renewal FAFSA application. Students should file as soon after January 1 of the upcoming academic year as possible.
- Submit the online application for St. Kate’s financial aid.
- If selected for verification by the Department of Education, the financial aid office sends a notification requesting additional documents, including tax and income forms.
St. Catherine University does not offer any scholarships specifically for OTA students at this time. However, the university provides a number of resources for outside scholarship opportunities through the Searching for Scholarships page on the university financial aid website.
We wish you luck as you jumpstart your healthcare career and apply to the occupational therapy assistant program. We hope to welcome you as part of the St. Catherine University family soon. Don’t wait until the last minute to complete these steps! More information about admissions requirements can be found online.
To talk to an academic advisor, call us at 877.223.2677.