St. Catherine Fieldwork Partnerships
About Level I Fieldwork
At St. Kate’s, we go above and beyond to provide you with the most comprehensive fieldwork experiences. Level I Fieldwork begins second semester where you will work in a small group at one of our emerging practice community partner organizations. Your experience will be supervised by a registered occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant.
The goals of Level I Fieldwork are to:
- Introduce you to the fieldwork experience
- Provide a safe environment to apply knowledge to practice
- Develop your understanding of the needs of clients
Unlike most OTA programs, our Level I Fieldwork is facilitated by St. Catherine Fieldwork Educators who are registered OTs or OTAs with at least 3 years of clinical experience. We use a 6:1 model for both Level I Fieldwork experiences and hand-select our sites in TX, CA, and VA.
Virginia Level I Sites
- Walter Reed Adult Day Health Care Center
- Insight Memory Care Center
- Peninsula School for Autism
- Sunrise House
- The Greater Richmond Arc: Day Support Program for Adults
- The Auburn School
- Hanover Adult Center
California Level I Sites
- Clairemont Villa Adult Day Health Center
- The Arc of San Diego; North Shores Vocational Center
- The Arc of San Diego; Sulpizio Family Center
- Poway Adult Day Health Care Center
- United Cerebral Palsy of San Joaquin, Calaveras and Amador Counties
- Health for All Adult Day Healthcare Center & Clinics
- Eskaton Adult Day Health Center
Texas Level I Sites
We are growing our list of Level I Fieldwork sites around these areas: Houston, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Austin, and San Antonio.
Want to learn more about St. Kate’s Level I Fieldwork and how it will enhance your educational experience? Speak to an admissions counselor today.
About Level II Fieldwork
It was a lot of fun to see us all grow together. We knew each other’s strengths and weaknesses and provided the encouragement needed to challenge ourselves.
-Melissa Yniguez, Summer 2016 VA Cohort
During Level II Fieldwork you will experience life as an occupational therapy assistant. Our two full-time, 8-week courses allow you to work one on one with clients, under the supervision of a registered occupational therapist.
During Level II Fieldwork you will:
- Learn in a real-world occupational therapy environment
- Work with clients in need of various OT services
- Develop your professional network before starting your career as an OTA
St. Kate’s has more than 500 clinical affiliation agreements so you can gain valuable educational experiences in a variety of health care environments. Some of our nationally and regionally recognized affiliates include:
- Genesis Rehab Services
- Dignity Health
- HCR ManorCare
- LHC Group
- NHC Rehabilitation
- Aegis Therapies
- NovaCare Rehabilitation
- Health South
- Encompass Home Health and Hospice
- Brookdale Senior Living Solutions
- Select Medical
- Heritage Healthcare
- Regency Integrated Health Services
- Consonus Healthcare
Want to learn more about St. Kate’s Level II Fieldwork and how it will enhance your educational experience? Speak to an admissions counselor today.